Thursday, August 1, 2013
Reoccurring Vocabulary
Today I was reflecting on what I've been thinking and talking about this summer, so I took the text from my recent posts and put them into this word cloud. I always find the patterns interesting with this
exercise. The first thing that jumped out at me was the words that weren't there. I didn't see homework or test appear at all. This made me very glad because I have been striving to make my students' experience in my class about more than tests. Dovetailing with that I see the word "learning" predominantly displayed. That is what we should be going for in education, right? Students learning!
This activity is helpful for anyone who wants to determine what words they are using regularly. This is essential to manage your message that you put out to the world. If you are writing regularly, you owe it to yourself to try this. What words come up predominantly in your word cloud?
Tags:
how i teach,
ideas,
reflection
