Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Meet #edupuppets Gabe And Marty

In the interest of adding intrigue and uniqueness to my instructional videos I brought to life two edupuppets this summer named Gabe and Marty. I'll be using them as characters who will either be experts themselves or teach me something interesting. Creating these puppets was an interesting experience during which I learned about sewing to bring my idea to life. It was fairly complicated to get my idea onto a pattern but sticking to it over two sewing sessions my new friends came to fruition!


The Quest Continues

In starting the fifth school year I will be employing video instruction with our students it is clear that the medium must be continually modified to remain relevant and interesting. In other words don't be boring! Gabe and Marty are perfect ambassadors to deliver content and ask
questions in a clean and fresh way, and who knows- maybe students will be inspired to make their own clever puppets to deliver their own understandings in a novel way!