Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Heartfelt Thank You

Yesterday William Chamberlain wrote a really awesome tweet to his followers that more people should follow me. This being really kind and having been enjoying our conversations over the past few months, I sat down this evening and wrote back to William about how much our talks meant to me:

Concluding this post I offer a challenge: When someone does something nice for you in your network or in your life make sure you say thank you. Our lives move so quickly today that it is easy to forget to appreciate kindness around us. Also, I'm not sure that a heartfelt thank you can always be squeezed into 140 characters. William has done some really amazing things for me with blogging and such, I've learned so much from him that I really wanted him to know. Think about someone who has made a difference for you in your career or your life-wouldn't it be a shame if they didn't know how grateful you were?